About the operation
Oil price collapsed, COVID-19 Struck, Rig crews quarantined but AOS & Cortec delivered. All works completed onetime, on budget and to client satisfaction.
The customer wanted to lay up 4 Tender rigs under a preservation lite, as new contract would start within 1 years’ time.
- The complete mud mixing and pump system were treated with VpCI®-609.
- VpCI®-645 was applied for internal protection of dry tanks
- All electric JBs, motors, and monitors both internal and external were treated with VpCI®-101, 105, and 111 Emitters.
- The electrical/electronic cabinets located indoors & outdoors were protected by VpCI®-126 & VpCI®-126 HPUV film
- All exposed pistons and operating systems that required lubricating as well as protection from corrosion were treated with VpCI®-369
- All lube oil and hydraulic systems were treated with M 531
- All exposed rusted metal that could not be properly cleaned had the loose rust brushed off and treated with CorrVerter®.
- Any exposed corroded metal where loose metal and rust was visible was cleaned up and treated with VpCI®-369
- CorrLube™ EP Lithium Grease was used on any area requiring grease