AOS Offshore was approached by the Vopak Innovation team in Singapore to come up with a diverless solution for inspection of their jetty piles.
Vopak has as a worldwide HSEQ goal to replace all exposed manual labour with more safe and efficient methods using new technology.
Video Credits: Vopack — Underwater Jetty Inspection with Drones
Sebarok Terminal, Singapore
Here’s what we did
AOS offered a diverless using mini subsea drones, heavily modified to perform following services:
- Full visual HD inspection of all piles and anodes
- Wall thickness reading using Pulsed Eddy Current technology (no cleaning of piles)
- Cathodic Protection measurement of existing anodes and functionality
- Real time laser measurement technique to verify remaining service time of anodes
Our unique fleet can perform following services:
- PEC – Pulsed Eddy Current corrosion / thickness measurement (Eddify Lyft)
- UT – Ultra Sonic corrosion / thickness measurement (Cygnus Mini ROV – UT Gauge)
- CP – Cathodic Protection measurements Buckley
- Subsea Laser dimensional measurement with real time read out
The final outcome resulted in a fully inhouse developed Subsea Drone fleet to perform the above tasks to the standard and approval from Vopak Innovation.
Number of Divers in the water: 0
Infrastructure Downtime: 0
Visual and NDT Inspection Completed: 9 Days
More cost-effective than conventional inspection with divers
We thank the Vopak Innovation team for believing in AOS and our capability to meet their challenge and are looking forward to new future challenges.